A wall-mounted, PoE powered 3-Series Control System® and control panel in one. Features a modern appearance with customizable backlit capacitive buttons. Mounts in a single-gang European electrical box or tabletop enclosure. A 2-gang US wall mounting option are also available.
The 3-Series® Media Presentation Controller 201 (MPC3-201-B) is a wall-mounted, PoE powered 3-Series Control System® and control panel in one. Its modern appearance and customizable backlit capacitive buttons provide an ideal user-interface for controlling AV and other functions. It offers fully-programmable functionality, supports web and cloud-based configuration and management, and integrates with Crestron Fusion® as part of a complete managed enterprise solution.
Crestron® MPC3 series controllers are perfect for classrooms, meeting rooms, lecture halls, and training facilities – wherever a simple yet powerful controller is needed but space is limited. Use the MPC3-201-B to control a video display or AV system, adjust lighting and window shades, or any other custom application.
The MPC3-201-B is designed for flush-mount installation in a wall using a single-gang European electrical box (not included). It can also be installed in a podium with no back box, or placed on a table using the optional tabletop kit. A retrofit mounting bracket is also available to allow installation over a 2-gang US electrical box, which offers an easy upgrade solution to replace an older MPC-M5 series controller.
Customizable Backlit Capacitive Buttons
- The MPC3-201-B features six backlit capacitive buttons, which can each be labeled using the icon chips provided, or custom labeled using laser-engravable chips (sold separately). Each button is backlit white when inactive and blue when active to provide clear indication of what media source or lighting scene is currently selected. Four additional buttons are included at the bottom along with a volume gauge for control of volume, mute, and power. A key click sound can be enabled to provide audible assurance when any button is pressed.
- All buttons on the MPC3-201-B are custom programmable to control any device or function. Button backlighting can be set to dim or turn off when idle. Built-in proximity sensing wakes the buttons as you approach, and auto-brightness control maintains optimal visibility of the buttons under varying lighting conditions.
- For information about ordering custom icon chips, please refer to the MPB3/MPC3-BTN3-B ENGRAVED web page. Refer to the PDF version of the MPC3-201-B spec sheet for a list of supplied icon chips.
No Rack Required
- The MPC3-201-B encapsulates the industry’s best control technologies in one compact wall mount device that can alleviate the need for a bulky equipment rack. High-speed Ethernet provides the essential interface for connecting to the building network and controlling Crestron AV switchers, audio processors, and other IP controllable equipment. Expanded connectivity is available using a DIN-CENCN-2 or DIN-CENCN-2-POE Ethernet to Cresnet® Bridge, CEN-GWEXER or CENI-GWEXER infiNET EX® wireless gateway, or CEN-CI3-1 or CEN-CI3-3 control card interface, enabling integration with all types of third-party equipment and the entire line of Crestron lighting controls, motorized shades, sensors, thermostats, door locks, keypads, and more.
3-Series® Control Engine
- The MPC3-201-B features an integrated, enterprise-grade 3-Series control processor. Crestron 3-Series delivers a distinctively robust, dynamic, and secure control system platform capable of faithfully managing a room full of disparate technologies. Its Modular Programming Architecture (optional) allows the MPC3-201-B to run multiple programs simultaneously for increased efficiency and flexibility. Rock solid networking and IP control afford seamless integration with other systems and devices, with add-on control capability using Crestron touch screens, wireless remotes, and mobile device apps, and remote management through Crestron Fusion and XiO Cloud™.
No Programming Required!
- Built-in .AV Framework™ technology delivers a fully functional AV presentation system with simplified web-based configuration and a choice of control options and add-ons. For complete details on the capabilities supported by .AV Framework, please visit .
Crestron Fusion® Room Monitoring and Scheduling
- Crestron Fusion provides an integrated platform for creating truly smart buildings that save energy, enhance worker productivity, and prolong the life-span of valuable equipment. As part of a complete managed network in a corporate enterprise, college campus, convention center, or any other facility, the MPC3-201-B works integrally with Crestron Fusion to enable remote scheduling, monitoring, and control of rooms and technology from a central help desk or mobile app. It also enables organizations to reduce energy consumption by tracking real-time usage and automating control of AV, lighting, shades, and HVAC. For more information about Crestron Fusion, please visit .
XiO Cloud™ Provisioning and Management
- XiO Cloud is Crestron’s unifying cloud-based platform for remotely provisioning, monitoring, and managing Crestron devices across an enterprise or an entire client base. XiO Cloud enables installers and IT managers to deploy and manage thousands of devices in the amount of time it would ordinarily take to manage just one. It provides a zero-touch solution that allows complete configuration of device settings without any hardware in hand, then simply connect each device on site and let XiO Cloud push out the settings, licenses, drivers, and firmware updates – automatically and securely – for a quick and painless, ready-to-use deployment.
- Ongoing XiO Cloud services facilitate daily management and monitoring of every device through a single dashboard with comprehensive reporting and logging, live status viewing and alerts, performance metrics and analytics, scheduled actions and updates, and more. As requirements grow and evolve, new features and functionality can be added easily to one or many devices at any time without ever going on site. XiO Cloud is a subscription-based service offering an adaptable SaaS (Software as a Service) solution with graduated levels of functionality and unlimited scalability. For more information about XiO Cloud, please visit https://www.crestron.com/xiocloud.
- The MPC3-201-B is an enterprise-class control processor that can be deployed across hundreds of spaces and set up easily using a web browser, toolbox software, Crestron Fusion, or XiO Cloud. It employs standard network security protocols, including 802.1X network access control, Active Directory® authentication, SSH, TLS, and HTTPS, to ensure reliability and compliance with your organization’s IT policies.
- Built-in SNMP support enables integration with third-party IT management software, allowing network administrators to manage and control Crestron systems on the network in an IT-friendly format.
Power over Ethernet
- Using PoE technology, the MPC-201-B gets its operating power right through the LAN wiring. PoE (Power over Ethernet) eliminates the need for a local power supply or any dedicated power wiring. A PoE Injector (PWE-4803RU) simply connects in line with the LAN cable at any convenient location. Crestron PoE switches (CEN-SW-POE-5 or CEN-SWPOE-16) may also be used to provide a total networking solution with built-in PoE. All PoE injectors and switches are sold separately.
Flush Mount Installation
- The MPC3-201-B is designed to be flush-mounted in a wall using a single-gang European electrical box (not included). It can also be installed in a lectern or podium with no back box. Using the optional Retrofit Mounting Bracket (MPC3-101/102/201-RMB sold separately), the MPC3-201-B can be installed in a 2-gang US electrical box, allowing easy replacement of an existing MPC-M5 series controller. Once installed, the button labels can be changed at any time by simply removing the front cover. A security screw is included to prevent unauthorized removal.
- Using the optional Tabletop Kit (MPC3/MPB3-TTK-SQR-B sold separately), the MPC3-201-B becomes a stylish, freestanding controller that fits perfectly on a table, desk, or countertop.
- Wall mount Crestron® 3-Series Control System® and control panel
- Mounts flush on a wall or lectern
- Fits in a single-gang European electrical box
- Retrofit 2-gang US electrical box adapter available
- Tabletop enclosure available
- Stylish blue and white backlit capacitive buttons
- Six buttons customizable with replaceable icon chips
- Additional power, volume, and mute buttons plus volume gauge
- Fully-programmable functionality
- Auto-brightness control
- Wakes on proximity detection
- Adjustable key-click sound
- Enterprise-class 3-Series® control engine
- Modular programming architecture (optional)
- .AV Framework™ system configuration — no programming required!
- Built-in real-time clock
- Astronomical time clock for scheduled events
- High-speed 10/100 Ethernet LAN port
- Add-on Cresnet® and infiNET EX® interface options
- Add-on RS-232, IR, relay, and Versiport interface options
- iPhone®, iPad®, and Android® control app support
- XPanel computer and web based control with Smart Graphics®
- Crestron Fusion® room monitoring and scheduling support
- XiO Cloud™ provisioning and management support
- SNMP remote IT management support
- Native BACnet™/IP support
- Installer setup via software, web browser, or XiO Cloud
- Drag-and-drop, C#, and symbol based programming environments
- Full Unicode (multi-language) support
- Secure access through full user/group management or Active Directory® integration
- Hardware level security using 802.1X authentication
- TLS, SSL, SSH, and SFTP network security protocols
- FIPS 140-2 compliant encryption
- Built-in web server and SMTP e-mail client
- IPv6 ready
- PoE network powered